- Name: cyaA2(del)
- Type: Deletion
- Mutation of Gene: cyaA
- Approx. Map Location: 85.98
Designation Where Used cyaA854 Brickman, Soll and Beckwith
Property Symbol deletion del
- is a 75-bp in-frame deletion (Shah and Peterkofsky, 1991). Earlier feedback had sometimes reported that this allele `reverts' or is `unstable'.
- Brickman, E., L. Soll, J.R. Beckwith 1973. Genetic characterization of mutations which affect catabolite-sensitive operons in Escherichia coli, including deletions of the gene for adenyl cyclase. J.Bacteriol. 116:582-587
- Shah, S, A Peterkofsky 1991. Characterization and generation of Escherichia coli adenylate cyclase deletion mutants. J. Bacteriol. 173(10):3238-42.
- 1 Strains Carrying This Mutation
Name Mutations Genotype LS853 6 F-, λ-, trpA9605(Am), his-85(Am), IN(rrnD-rrnE)1, ΔcyaA2, trpR55