Product formamidopyrimidine-DNA glycosylase
DNA repair enzyme. removes DNA damage that can lead to G.C to T.A transversions (rather than removing a base from an existing mispair). e.g., 8-OxodG can cause misincorp. of dA, and if not removed G.C to 8OxoDG.A to T.A transversion.
- Boiteux, S., T.R. O'Connor, F. Lederer, A. Gouyette, J. Laval 1990. Homogeneous Escherichia coli FPG protein: A DNA glycosylase which excises imidazole ring-opened purines and nicks DNA at apurinic/apyrimidinic sites. J.Biol.Chem. 265:3916-3922
- Graves, R.J., I. Felzenszwalb, J. Laval, T.R. O'Connor 1992. Excision of 5'-terminal deoxyribose phosphate from damaged DNA is catalyzed by the Fpg protein of Escherichia coli. J.Biol.Chem. 267:14429-14435
- Piersen, C.E., A.K. McCullough, R.S. Lloyd 2000. AP lyases and dRPases: commonality of mechanism. Mutat.Res. 459:43-53
- Galhardo, R.S., C.E. Almeida, A.C. Leitao, J.B. Cabral-Neto 2000. Repair of DNA lesions induced by hydrogen peroxide in the presence of iron chelators in Escherichia coli: participation of endonuclease IV and Fpg. J.Bacteriol. 182:1964-1968
- David-Cordonnier, M.H., J. Laval, P. O'Neill 2001. Recognition and kinetics for excision of a base lesion within clustered DNA damage by the Escherichia coli proteins Fpg and Nth. Biochemistry 40:5738-5746