- CGSC#: 5461
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference HB94 Boyer H. 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): Hfr
- Hfr Point of Origin#: 1
- PO Map Position: 96.80
- Direction of Marker Transfer: Clockwise
- 6 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display gal-55 17.00 1 gal-55 LAM- 17.40 0 λ- relA1 62.71 1 relA1 spoT1 82.34 1 spoT1 thiE1 90.34 1 thiE1 hsdR4 98.74 1 hsdR4
- N.B. We have two reports that this strain is immune to phage λ; that it does not adsorb λ.
- This strain is r-, mK+. The mutation hsdR4 is called ramA7 in the reference below.
- Boyer, HW, D Roulland-Dussoix 1969. A complementation analysis of the restriction and modification of DNA in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 41(3):459-72.