Strain - MG1655(Seq)Strain MG1655(Seq)
- CGSC#: 7740
- Strain Designation
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): F-
- 2 Mutations:
- 1.This subculture of MG1655, initially obtained from the Stock Ctr. (CGSC No.6300), was used in the Blattner lab for the complete sequencing of E. coli K-12 and was sent back to us as the sequenced subculture.
- The original culture of MG1655 (CGSC No. 6300) was from M.Guyer.
- Guyer, M.S., R.E. Reed, T. Steitz, K.B. Low 1981. Identification of a sex-factor-affinity site in E. coli as gamma delta. Cold Spr.Harb.Symp.Quant.Biol. 45:135-140
- Jensen, K.F. 1993. The Escherichia coli K-12 "wild types" W3110 and MG1655 have an rph frameshift mutation that leads to pyrimidine starvation due to low pyrE expression levels. J.Bacteriol. 175:3401-3407
- Blattner, FR, G Plunkett, CA Bloch, NT Perna, V Burland, M Riley, J Collado-Vides, JD Glasner, CK Rode, GF Mayhew, J Gregor, NW Davis, HA Kirkpatrick, MA Goeden, DJ Rose, B Mau, Y Shao 1997. The complete genome sequence of Escherichia coli K-12. Science 277(5331):1453-74.