- CGSC#: 5965
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference DF575 Fraenkel D. 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): F-
- 10 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display glnX44(AS) 14.99 1 glnX44(AS) LAM- 17.40 1 λ- eno-2 62.61 1 eno-2 relA1 62.71 1 relA1 rpsL104 74.84 1 rpsL104 malA 76.50 0 malA malT1(LamR) 76.54 0 malT1(λR) xyl-7 80.34 0 xyl-7 mtlA2 81.26 0 mtlA2 thiE1 90.34 0 thiE1
- 1.This strain can be grown in a minimal medium containing malate (25mM), glycerol (12.5 mM) and casamino acids (0.1%).It should not be grown in the presence of glucose, which selects for revertants.
- 2.Reference: Hillman and Fraenkel 1975 J.Bacteriol.122:1175
- Donor markers transferred early in the cross, but not near the selected region and not been tested for: fhuA22, garB10, creC570, mcrB1, rrnB-2, spoT1, pit-10. relA1 is a donor marker near the selected argA+ and very likely to be
- The markers shown with ? marks are carried by the recipient parent in regions not selected for, but introduced early by the Hfr. λ- and glnV44 are recipient markers in a region transferred very late, so are likely to be present.
- Thomson, J, PD Gerstenberger, DE Goldberg, E Gociar, A Orozco de Silva, DG Fraenkel 1979. ColE1 hybrid plasmids for Escherichia coli genes of glycolysis and the hexose monophosphate shunt. J. Bacteriol. 137(1):502-6.