- CGSC#: 6793
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference CJ236 Joyce C.M. 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): F+
- 6 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display LAM- 17.40 1 λ- ung-1 58.52 1 ung-1 relA1 62.71 1 relA1 dut-1 82.16 1 dut-1 spoT1 82.34 1 spoT1 thiE1 90.34 1 thiE1
- 1.This strain was constructed by mating pCJ105 into an F- derivative of B. Weiss strain BW313. pCJ105 is an F-factor carrying a chloramphenicol resistance marker
- 2.and is a derivative of pOX38 of Guyer et al. (1981 Cold Spring Harbor Symp.Quant.Biol.45:135). The plasmid is described in the reference cited below.
- 3. The use of this strain in preparing uracil-containing M13 templates is described in Methods Enzymol. 154:367. [Please note the following: (1) Streak on LB agar plus
- 4. ca. 15 ug/ml chloramphenicol to ensure that you start with an F+ host. (2) Cam is much more potent in liquid culture, so beware Cam selection in liquid media.
- 5. (3) CJ236 is non-suppressing. Do not use M13 vectors that carry amber mutations (mp8,9 and some mp10,11). Pers.Comm.C.M.Joyce]
- Episome/Plasmid: pCJ105
Plasmid Markers/Mutations: F::CamR CamR
- Joyce, C.M., N. Grindley 1984. Method for determining whether a gene of Escherichia coli is essintial: application to the polA gene. J.Bacteriol. 158:636-643