- CGSC#: 6075
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference AN66 Gibson F. 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): Hfr
- Hfr Point of Origin#: 13
- PO Map Position: 84.98
- Direction of Marker Transfer: Counterclockwise
- 7 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display thr-1 0.01 1 thr-1 leuB6(Am) 1.74 1 leuB6(Am) lacZ4 7.81 1 lacZ4 glnX44(AS) 14.99 1 glnX44(AS) P1+ 66.60 0 P1+ rpsL8 74.84 1 rpsL8 ubiD410 86.71 1 ubiD410
- The ubiD410 allele reverts to ubiD+ about 1% rate and ubiD+ outgrows ubiD410 on rich medium, so must purify strain immediately upon receipt (picking small colonies on LB as ubiD-) and before use, or culture will be almost totally ubiD+. Feedback,G.Javor
- This strain probably carries phage P1.
- Cox, GB, IG Young, LM McCann, F Gibson 1969. Biosynthesis of ubiquinone in Escherichia coli K-12: location of genes affecting the metabolism of 3-octaprenyl-4-hydroxybenzoic acid and 2-octaprenylphenol. J. Bacteriol. 99(2):450-8.