MM384      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, deoC2Strain Comments:
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Monk, M, J Kinross 1972. Conditional lethality of recA and recB derivatives of a strain of Escherichia coli K-12 with a temperature-sensitive deoxyribonucleic acid polymerase I. J. Bacteriol. 109(3):971-8.