H1t14      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-20
, purA45Strain Comments:
- ampCp-1-- is a promoter mutation; AmpC+ strains carrying this allele produce about 10X the amount of beta lactamase found in wild-type strains. In absence of other amp alleles, use 10-15 ug/ml Amp.
- ampC12-- encodes a heat-labile beta-lactamase.
- ampCp-1 was formerly called ampA1
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Burman, L.G., J.T. Park, E. Lindstrom, H.G. Boman 1973. Resistance of Escherichia coli to penicillins: identification of the structural gene for the chromosomal penicillinase. J.Bacteriol. 116:123-130