JC7623      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Kushner, SR, H Nagaishi, A Templin, AJ Clark 1971. Genetic recombination in Escherichia coli: the role of exonuclease I. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 68(4):824-7.
- Horii, Z.-I., A.J. Clark 1973. Genetic analysis of the RecF pathway to genetic recombination in Escherichia coli K12: isolation and characterization of mutants. J.Mol.Biol. 80:327-344
- Lloyd, R.G., C. Buckman 1985. Identification and genetic analysis of sbcC mutations in commonly used recBC sbcB strains of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 164:836-844