F500/GMS724      Source of Strain:
F500 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
, metB1Strain Comments:
- This strain must be maintained on minimal medium with mannose as carbon source, containing Met and lacking aromatic amino acids.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Novel, M., G. Novel 1976. Regulation of beta-glucuronidase synthesis in Escherichia coli K-12: constitutive mutants specifically derepressed for uidA expression. J.Bacteriol. 127:406-417