WA2127      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, lacY1 or Δ(cod-lacI)6
, hsdS3Strain Comments:
- The ptsM marker was formerly called pel-1.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- manY451 was formerly called pel-1
- manY451 was formerly called ptsM451
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Scandella, D, W Arber 1974. An Escherichia coli mutant which inhibits the injection of phage lambda DNA. Virology 58(2):504-13.
- Scandella, D, W Arber 1976. Phage lambda DNA injection into Escherichia coli pel- mutants is restored by mutations in phage genes V or H. Virology 69(1):206-15.
- Elliott, J, W Arber 1978. E. coli K-12 pel mutants, which block phage lambda DNA injection, coincide with ptsM, which determines a component of a sugar transport system. Mol. Gen. Genet. 161(1):1-8.