KMBL91      Source of Strain:
P. van de PutteSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- uvrD502-- was formerly called uvrE502.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- van de Putte, P, CA van Sluis, J van Dillewijn, A Rorsch 1965. The location of genes controlling radiation sensitivity in Escherichia coli. Mutat. Res. 2(2):97-110.
- Smirnov, GB, AG Skavronskaya 1971. Location of uvr502 mutation on the chromosome of Escherichia coli K-12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 113(3):217-21.
- Smirnov, GB, EV Filkova, AG Skavronskaya 1972. The mutator property of uvr502 mutation affecting UV sensitivity of Escherichia coli. Mol. Gen. Genet. 118(1):51-6.
- Siegel, EC 1973. Ultraviolet-sensitive mutator strain of Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 113(1):145-60.
- Siegel, EC 1973. Ultraviolet-sensitive mutator mutU4 of Escherichia coli inviable with polA. J. Bacteriol. 113(1):161-6.