WA960      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, lacY1 or Δ(cod-lacI)6
, [r+B,m+B]Strain Comments:
- The strain is r+B,m+B, a K-12 B/r hybrid, K-12 with B modification and restriction.
- This strain is an E. coli K-12 derivative which has received the segment hsd-thr from E. coli B. The strain is r+B, m+B.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- [r+B,m+B]-- is a K-12 and B/r hybrid. K-12 with B restriction and modification.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Wood, W.B. 1966. Host specificity of DNA produced by Escherichia coli: bacterial mutations affecting the restriction and modification of DNA. J.Mol.Biol. 16:118-133