MA-1      Source of Strain:
Broekman & HoekstraOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Broekman, J.H.F.F., W.P.M. Hoekstra 1973. Mapping of fabC, a locus for the biosynthesis of unsaturated fatty acids in Escherichia coli K12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 124:65-0
- Clark, D, JE Cronan 1977. Further mapping of several membrane lipid biosynthetic genes (fabC, fabB, gpsA, plsB) of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 132(2):549-54.