EW1b      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, rpsL8 or rpsL104 or rpsL17
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- ΔtolC5-- : Deletion extends into tolC from proximal end.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- = strep-resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Whitney, EN 1971. The tolC locus in Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 67(1):39-53.