KL717      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F148 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Δfli Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, xyl-7 or xylA5
, tsx-29 or tsx-1Strain Comments:
- This strain must be maintained on medium containing Pro, Thi and lacking His, Trp, Tyr, Phe.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.