AKK241      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, creC510Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ampCp-1-- is a promoter mutation; AmpC+ strains carrying this allele produce about 10X the amount of beta lactamase found in wild-type strains. In absence of other amp alleles, use 10-15 ug/ml Amp.
- zje-2241::Tn10-- cotransduces ~15% with melB and ~51% with ampC. However, PCR analysis by Nichols et al. (1998, J.Bact.180:6408) placed the insertion at nucleotide 4,303,986 (92.77 min.) within orf yjcS.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- ampCp-1 was formerly called ampA1
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- = tetracycline resistant
- Const = constitutive