JE1011      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galT23-- : This is the standard gal6 of Morse & Lederberg.
- thyA710-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- secA216 was formerly called azi-16
- secA216 was formerly called secA16
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Tamaki, S., T. Sato, M. Matsuhashi 1971. Role of lipopolysaccharides in antibiotic resistance and bacteriophage adsorption of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 105:968-975