CM5255      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, deoC3Strain Comments:
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- zig-1863::Tn10-- cotransduces 7% with polA. ca. 86 or 88 min.
- polA4113(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation. Lowered levels,thermolabile in vitro for polymerase, thermolabile Exo
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Kelley, W.S. 1980. Mapping of the polA locus of Escherichia coli K12: genetic fine structure of the cistron. Genetics 95:15-38