DM1187      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- sulA211-- was formerly called sfiA11.
- recA441(ts)-- formerly tif-1 (temp.-induced filamentation). Not a Rec- phenotype, "constitutive protease activity" not requiring ss-DNA binding at hi temp.
- lexA51-- This is a frameshift mutation from an single A deletion between bases 475 and 480
- lexA51-- : defective LexA resulting in constitutive expression of LexA-repressed genes. Formerly called spr-51
- lexA3(Ind-)-- : Non-cleavable LexA repressor protein; defective in SOS induction, UV sensitive
- lexA3(Ind-)-- This mutation results in a G85D amino acid substitution at the lexA cleavage site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Ind- = non-inducible
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Mount, DW 1977. A mutant of Escherichia coli showing constitutive expression of the lysogenic induction and error-prone DNA repair pathways. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 74(1):300-4.