EC972      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- The thr-leu, including araD139, was transduced in from E. coli B.
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25)-- : this fruA25 mutation deletes 29 codons of fruK, fruB and fruBKAp promoter to orf yeiR Peters et al. J.Bact.185:2017.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25) was formerly called fruA25
- fruA25 = former designation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Wild, J.R., T. Klopotowski 1981. D-amino acid dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli K12: positive selection of mutants defective in enzyme activity and localization of the structural gene. Mol.Gen.Genet. 181:373-378
- Wild, J.R., B. Obrepalska 1982. Regulation of expression of the dadA gene encoding D-amino acid dehydrogenase in Escherichia coli: analysis of dadA-lac fusions and direction of dadA transcription. Mol.Gen.Genet. 186:405-410