GM2163      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, hsdR2Strain Comments:
- M. Marinus recommends using 10ug/ml chloramphenicol in selecting for the Tn9 insertion.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- dcm-6-- has a Gln to Arg mutation,also a TGG to TGA termination mutation,which results in dcm-vsr message degradation and causes a Vsr- phenotype (Dar 1993).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = chloramphenicol resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.