PG201      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ82
, kefB20::Tn10 or zhe-2200::Tn10
, gal-33Strain Comments:
- It is not clear whether the Tn10 is inserted within kefB or is inserted near kefB with the original kefB110 allele retained. Personal communications, B.Bachmann and I.R.Booth
- This strain was isolated by inserting Tn 10 into strain TK110 of Epstein, a strain that cannot grow on less than 0.3mM K+. PG201 is able to grow on media lacking K+.
- lacZ82(Am)-- comes from strain Hfr 3000 X82. It is an amber mutation.
- Δ(kdpC-kdpA)18-- deletion has been called kdpABC5.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation