KLC1284      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ125
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- lacZ125(Am)-- is the amber mutation from Zipser's strain NG125 and Brenner's CA274. It was formerly called lac125am by Brenner. In `interval 6' of Newton et al. JMB 14:290 (1965).
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- trpC83::Tn10-- PCR analysis by Nichols et al. 1998 placed this insertion in the trpC rather than trpB gene (at nucleotide 1,317,596 or 28.401 min.)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- trpC83::Tn10 was formerly called trpB83::Tn10
- tyrT66(AS) was formerly called supF66
- tyrT66(AS) was formerly called su+III
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor