V324      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lac-3350
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- = leaky
- Nuc- = nuclease-minus
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Chaudhury, AM, GR Smith 1984. A new class of Escherichia coli recBC mutants: implications for the role of RecBC enzyme in homologous recombination. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 81(24):7850-4.