V329      Source of Strain:
G.R. SmithOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lac-3350
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Schultz, DW, AF Taylor, GR Smith 1983. Escherichia coli RecBC pseudorevertants lacking chi recombinational hotspot activity. J. Bacteriol. 155(2):664-80.
- Chaudhury, AM, GR Smith 1984. Escherichia coli recBC deletion mutants. J. Bacteriol. 160(2):788-91.