DF920      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- pfkB20::Tn10-- The Tn 10 insertion was erroneously referred to as pkfB21::Tn 10 in Tabl -- e 1 of Daldal and Fraenkel 1981.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- = tetracycline resistant
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Daldal, F., D. Fraenkel 1981. Tn10 insertions in the pfkB region of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 147:935-943
- Daldal, F., J. Babul, V. Guixe, D. Fraenkel 1982. An alteration in phosphofructokinase 2 of Escherichia coli which impairs gluconeogenic growth and improves growth on sugars. Eur.J.Biochem. 126:373-379