JGC127      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, deoC5Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- cpxB11-- was formerly called cpxB1.
- thyA3-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- zhh-922::Tn10-- cotransduces ca. 80% with dnaM710.
- dnaM710(ts)-- is not a Dna- mutation.
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- = tetracycline resistant
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Glassberg, J., R.R. Meyer, A. Kornberg 1979. Mutant single-strand binding protein of Escherichia coli: genetic and physiological characterization. J.Bacteriol. 140:14-19
- Davis, N.K., S. Greer, M.C. Jones-Mortimer, R.N. Perham 1982. Isolation and mapping of glutathione reductase-negative mutants in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Gen.Microbiol. 128:1631-1634