SC122      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- Other markers which might be in this strain: tonA22, ompF627(T2R), phoU35, bglCop16.
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- phoA5(Am)-- is Garen's phoAH12.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- tyrT91(ts,AS) was formerly called supC91
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- OS = ochre(UAA) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Cooper, S, T Ruettinger 1975. A temperature sensitive nonsense mutation affecting the synthesis of a major protein of Escherichia coli K12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 139(2):167-76.
- Neidhardt, F.C., R.A. VanBogelen 1981. Positive regulatory gene for temperature-controlled proteins in Escherichia coli. Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 100:894-900