YYC7      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: secA214
, poxA1Strain Comments:
- This strain must be grown at a temperature below 33 degrees C.
- lacZ608(Am)-- is an amber mutation (Newton et al. 1965 J. Mol. Biol. 14:290), aka lacZ-NG608 by Zinder, in segment 10 of the lacZ gene (Zipser et al. 1970).
- secA214(aziR) was formerly called azi-14
- secA214(aziR) was formerly called secA14
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- aziR = azide resistance
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Chang, Y.-Y., J.E. Cronan 1982. Mapping nonselectable genes of Escherichia coli by using transposon Tn10 location of a gene affecting pyruvate oxidase. J.Bacteriol. 151:1279-1289
- Chang, Y.-Y., J.E. Cronan 1983. Genetic and biochemical analyses of Escherichia coli strains having a mutation in the structural gene (poxB) for pyruvate oxidase. J.Bacteriol. 154:756-762