BD2314      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500-- :Glt- phenotype in gltB mutant requires presence of a gdhA mutation as well. 0.2% aspartate is a better N-source than glutamate because of uptake(Pahel et al).
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called gltB31
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called aspB21
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called aspB24
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = tetracycline resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Duncan, BK 1985. Isolation of insertion, deletion, and nonsense mutations of the uracil-DNA glycosylase (ung) gene of Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 164(2):689-95.