JM2137      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
(strR), deoC1Strain Comments:
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- flhD5301-- flagellar defect shown in Komeda and Iino
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Davis, N.K., S. Greer, M.C. Jones-Mortimer, R.N. Perham 1982. Isolation and mapping of glutathione reductase-negative mutants in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Gen.Microbiol. 128:1631-1634