DB1161      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, Δhsd-26(r-m-)Strain Comments:
- Related strains are described in the paper below.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- trp-27-- is either B or C.
- recA56-- Amino acid substitution Arg 60 Cys
- srlD300::Tn10-- : The insertion was determined by sequencing to be within srlD (F.W.Pons, pers.commun., Oct.2000)
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- srlD300::Tn10 was formerly called srlC300::Tn10
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- r-m- = restriction & modific.-
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Wyman, A.R., L.B. Wolfe, D. Botstein 1985. Propagation of some human DNA sequences in bacteriophage Lambda vectors requires mutant Escherichia coli hosts. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 82:2880-2884