MFT84      Source of Strain:
Ricard & HirotaSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deo-73Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- nrdB84(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive, salt-rescuable mutant with fts-like pheno., hydroxyurea sensitive on low salt, that proved to be a mutation in distal region of B2 Nrd subunit, resulting in thermolability.
- thyA719-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- deo-73-- is either deoB or deoC.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- nrdB84(ts) was formerly called ftsB84
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Ricard, M., Y. Hirota 1973. Process of cellular division in Escherichia coli: physiology study on thermosensitive mutants defective in cell division. J.Bacteriol. 116:314-0
- Nishimura, Y., Y. Takeda, A. Nishimura, H. Suzuki, M. Inouye, Y. Hirota 1977. Synthetic ColE1 plasmids carrying genes for cell division in Escherichia coli. Plasmid 1:67-77