AX621      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Allen, JS, CC Filip, RA Gustafson, RG Allen, JR Walker 1974. Regulation of bacterial cell division: genetic and phenotypic analysis of temperature-sensitive, multinucleate, filament-forming mutants of Escherichia. J. Bacteriol. 117(3):978-86.
- Walker, JR, A Kovarik, JS Allen, RA Gustafson 1975. Regulation of bacterial cell division: temperature-sensitive mutants of Escherichia coli that are defective in septum formation. J. Bacteriol. 123(2):693-703.
- Fletcher, G, CA Irwin, JM Henson, C Fillingim, MM Malone, JR Walker 1978. Identification of the Escherichia coli cell division gene sep and organization of the cell division-cell envelope genes in the sep-mur-ftsA-envA cluster as determined with specialized transducing lambda bacteriophages. J. Bacteriol. 133(1):91-100.