DV1      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: panD2
, λRStrain Comments:
- DV1 requires β-alanine, even on rich medium. It cannot grow on pantothenate.
- zad-220::Tn10-- cotransduces 96-98% with panD. The insertion is in orf yadC (at nucleotide 150,100, minute 3.235).
- panF11-- was called panF1 in the paper cited below.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- λR-- Lambda resistant, locus unknown.
- zad-220::Tn10 was formerly called yadC
- = tetracycline resistant
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Vallari, D.S., C.O. Rock 1985. Isolation and characterization of Escherichia coli pantothenate permease (panF) mutants. J.Bacteriol. 164:136-142