SS5210      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: secA219
, trpR55Strain Comments:
- pro-48-- is probably in proB-.
- lacZ118(Oc)-- is the lacZ allele originating in Paris strain Hfr 3000 U118. It is an ochre mutation.
- trpA9605(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- his-85(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- metE90-- is probably metE70.
- zji-2001::Tn10-- The Tn 10 insertion was designated zji-1::Tn10 in Andrews et al. JBact.165:428.
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- his-85(Am) was formerly called his-29
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- secA219(aziR) was formerly called secA19
- secA219(aziR) was formerly called azi-19
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- aziR = azide resistance
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Andrews, J.C., T.C. Blevins, S.A. Short 1986. Regulation of peptide transport in Escherichia coli: induction of the trp-linked operon encoding the oligopeptide permease. J.Bacteriol. 165:428-433