FT17      Source of Strain:
Taylor & CronanSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- proC32 was formerly called proC65
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Taylor, F., J.E. Cronan 1976. Selection and properties of Escherichia coli mutants defective in the synthesis of cyclopropane fatty acids. J.Bacteriol. 125:518-523