KY1429      Source of Strain:
T. YuraOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- The strain grows at 25C in L broth (with only 0.5% NaCl and 0.1% glucose) and at 30C in peptone broth or minimal medium.
- This strain is called "ts-6" in the paper cited. It is best to maintain the strain at 25 degrees C. See paper cited.
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- flhD5301-- flagellar defect shown in Komeda and Iino
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25)-- : this fruA25 mutation deletes 29 codons of fruK, fruB and fruBKAp promoter to orf yeiR Peters et al. J.Bact.185:2017.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- zhh-50::Tn10-- cotransduces 80% with rpoH. It is in the intergenic region between ugpB and livF, at nucleotide 3,590,125 (77.386 min.).
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25) was formerly called fruA25
- rpoH606(ts) was formerly called htpR6
- zhh-50::Tn10 was formerly called zhf-5
- = tetracycline resistant
- ::IS1 = insertion of IS1
- fruA25 = former designation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Tobe, T., K. Ito, T. Yura 1984. Isolation and physical mapping of temperature-sensitive mutants defective in heat shock induction of proteins in Escherichia coli. Mol.Gen.Genet. 195:10-16