χ2338      Source of Strain:
R. CurtissOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: ΔaraC766
, oms-1Strain Comments:
- The rfbD mutation in this strain was called rfb-2, but is presumably the same as rfbD1
- W. Jacobs points out that this strain should be grown up and frozen in glycerol. It does not survive well on Luria agar at 4 degrees C.
- dapD8-- Strains with this mutation require 100ug/ml diaminopimelic acid even when grown on LB
- minB-2-- mini-cell producer
- ΔthyA57-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- oms-1-- is an uncharacterized membrane defect.
- Δ(gal-modC)690 was formerly called DE(gal-chlD)69
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Jacobs, WR, JF Barrett, JE Clark-Curtiss, R Curtiss 1986. In vivo repackaging of recombinant cosmid molecules for analyses of Salmonella typhimurium, Streptococcus mutans, and mycobacterial genomic libraries. Infect. Immun. 52(1):101-9.