GR467      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- rfa-32-- : heptoseless
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Rooney, SA, H Goldfine 1972. Isolation and characterization of 2-keto-3-deoxyoctonate-lipid A from a heptose-deficient mutant of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 111(2):531-41.
- Koplow, J, H Goldfine 1974. Alterations in the outer membrane of the cell envelope of heptose-deficient mutants of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 117(2):527-43.
- Coleman, WG, KS Deshpande 1985. New cysE-pyrE-linked rfa mutation in Escherichia coli K-12 that results in a heptoseless lipopolysaccharide. J. Bacteriol. 161(3):1209-14.