BW372      Source of Strain:
B. WeissOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- nth-1::kan,ble-- = insertion of cloned segment of Tn 5 which confers resistance to kanamycin and bleomycin.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = kanamycin resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Cunningham, R.P., B. Weiss 1985. Endonuclease III (nth) mutants of Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 82:474-478