AE1010      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, metB1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- cpxB11-- was formerly called cpxB1.
- thyA758-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- McEwen, J., P. Silverman 1980. Genetic analysis of Escherichia coli K-12 chromosomal mutants defective in expression of F-plasmid functions: identification of genes cpxA and cpxB. J.Bacteriol. 144:60-67