KH39      Source of Strain:
Nagata & HoriuchiSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-33
, metE46Strain Comments:
- thyA707-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- serU126(ts,AS) was formerly called supD126
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Nagata, T, T Horiuchi 1974. An amber dna mutant of Escherichia coli K12 affecting DNA ligase. J. Mol. Biol. 87(2):369-73.