KL218      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4 or lacY29
, argG34 or argG35
, xyl-7 or xyl-14
, cycB2Strain Comments:
- This strain contains no amber suppressors.
- thyA25-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- argG34 or argG35-- may be argG34 and argG35.
- metB65-- is probably metB. Sometimes suggested to be metC.
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- strR = streptomycin resist.