KL702      Source of Strain:
F125 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: recE
, trp Chromosomal Markers: galK35
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain should be maintained on medium containing his, thi, and lacking trp, ura. This strain grows slowly.
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.