JC5219      Source of Strain:
A.J. ClarkOther Designations:
AB1157, Su-Other Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
(ts) or Cys-0Strain Comments:
- still carries a suppressor of some sort. The rha marker was introduced separately.
- This strain was intended to be a suppressor-free derivative of AB1157. After a "supE+" revertant was selected, a requirement for CYS or MET appeared. We have received reports that the strain
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.