DFF1/JC1553      Source of Strain:
F150 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: uvrC- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, metB1Strain Comments:
- This strain should be maintained on medium containing leu, met, arg and lacking his. F150 is reported to have deleted uvrC.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Fraenkel, DG, S Banerjee 1971. A mutation increasing the amount of a constitutive enzyme in Escherichia coli, glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase. J. Mol. Biol. 56(1):183-94.