KL219      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4 or lacY29
, argG34 or argG35
, xyl-7 or xyl-14
, met-65Strain Comments:
- This strain probably contains no amber suppressors. The lac marker is probably lacY29. The xyl marker is weak.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thyA25-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- argG34 or argG35-- may be argG34 and argG35.
- met-65-- is probably metB65, but it has also been suggested that it is metC.
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- strR = streptomycin resist.